Please see below for the minutes of the most recent trustees meeting.
MINUTES of HILLINGDON BRAIN TUMOUR & INJURY GROUP
VENUE: Centre of Hope
Present: Becky Haggar, Maria Penicud, Karen Hunt, Nayan Patel, Dee Wilson, Malcolm Underhill, Phil Kemish, Ally Foley,
Apologies: Mick Geraghty, MaryOConnor, Abhay Shah
DECLARATION OF INTEREST: None
Becky opened the meeting by saying the minutes of the last meeting held in June 2017 were not attached as that meeting was not quorate.
Chair’s report was read, Becky gave an anonymised version of the 5+ families she is buddying. She is finding it very difficult to manage this level of buddying alongside her other two jobs. Trustees thanked Becky for her hard work.
Trustees thanked Abhay for his provision of emergency support for a client from HBTIG. Abhay was also thanked for his offer of 2 hrs per week of a care worker. The trustees thanked Daniel Hall and James Austin for their help inputting items, e.g. trustee minutes, onto the charity’s website. However, an active website manager is still needed, so that our website is constantly updated. Nayan suggested seeking help from Brunel university to put reports on the HBTG website. Malcolm suggested asking Changing Faces or Hillingdon Mind to help with website updates, and he will get in touch with the IT at Hillingdon Mind.
Becky suggested all trustees look at the audited reports on the charity commission’s website. Becky thanked Ally for her help in getting HBTG accounts audited.
Becky went through the list of tasks on the task sheet to ensure shared accountability for their completion. Becky updated this task list.
Trustees were asked to volunteer to interview internal candidates for a shop manager position on Saturdays. The advert to go out on Tuesday next week. Interviews will be held on Tuesday, September 26th, @ 6 pm to prepare. Interviews to start at 7 pm. Malcolm, Ally and Karen offered to do the interviews. Maria to send them out suggested questions, person spec and job description.
Dee will set up volunteer meetings once a month.
Cheryl Ford has asked to sell her clothes at 20% to give back to the charity., all trustees agreed for a 6 month trail period and then it will be reviewed. Two rails at the back of the shop to be offered to Cheryl. Becky to let her know, Maria to set up a contract and send it to Cheryl.
Thank you to Karen for all her help setting up the clothes rail at the beck of the shop. Trustees thanked Carol for all the food she contributes to the group meetings. Thanks were given to Trisha for her help in setting up the shop window.
Becky and Ally will meet to set up a budget and expenditure spreadsheet.
Becky and Maria to meet with Rob to look for funding for a CEO and a Job spec for the CEO position to be brought to the next trustee meeting.
Trustees agreed that a counsellor can now offer 2 hours counselling a week for 6 months, Maria to contact the counsellor with a start date.
Trustees thanked Ally for these updated, clear accounts.
Mick Geraghty’s report was read and thanks were given for all his hard work in supporting the charity with all his fundraising efforts, raising over £1000, with more fund raising events planned for this year. Thanks were given to Peter and Sharon Dean for all their fundraising efforts, raising over £1000 in book sales. Thanks were given to Malcolm and the IBB Solicitors for their grant of over £3000. Certificates of thanks were sent to all above.
Malcolm suggested that HBTIG clients could be approached for legacies in a sensitive manner. It was suggested the opportunity to give a legacy, to the charity, Amazon and Easy Fundraising be added to the website and highlighted to those being supported by the charity. Malcolm will email us all on how to use Easy Fundraising.
It was suggested that local business could be contacted for fundraising. Including ASDA, Lloyds, Santander, etc. Maria/ Becky to draft a letter and Philip to send it out to local businesses. Philip was thanked for all his help with fundraising and for his ideas on approaching local industry.
Dee read out her shop manager’s report, trustees thanked Dee for her hard work as a shop manager.
Malcolm suggested that when we get an active website manager, an online questionnaire is set up on the website. From 25th May 2018 a new data protection legal requirement will come into force. Malcolm will find out more about this. Malcolm offered to put this data through his work website. Becky and Malcolm will meet up to devise questions for the questionnaire. The Brain Tumour charity has got a questionnaire which may be helpful. It was suggested that HBTG should find alliances with other charities, Nayan will research if data is available from other charities and bring a report to the next trustee meeting.
The report on the stress busting sessions from Gillian Benbow was read and appreciated by all trustees.
Becky thanked all for their support and help.
It was suggested that a GP should be invited to join the advisory board or come as a trustee. All trustees were asked to use their contacts to see if they can invite a GP/s to join the charity.
The meeting closed at 9.10 pm